The LifeStraw Family water filter enables you to drink water safely from contaminated water sources.
LifeStraw is ideal during emergencies such as local
flooding which can contaminate drinking water supplies. LifeStraw Family is
also ideal for campers and hikers who may be drinking from rivers or
lakes and are unsure of the water safety. Because LifeStraw is
lightweight and compact, it is also great for traveling when you do not want
to rely on the quality of local water.
LifeStraw Family Edition is the most advanced family water filter available today.
LifeStraw surpasses EPA guidelines for Escherichia coli and
Cryptosporidium oocysts, rigorous standards for water filtration.
Features & Benefits
- Perfect size for your "Go Bag"
- Filters over 4,700 gallons of water
- Removes 99.99999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction)
- Removes 99.99% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction)
- Removed 99.99% of waterborne viruses (>LOG 4 reduction)
- Reduces turbidity, filtering down to 0.02 microns
- Contains no chemicals (and is BPA-free), uses no batteries
- Very high flow rate
- Easy to clean
- Very durable
- Used worldwide in harsh conditions since 2005
- Award winning & internationally recognized
- 3 year manufacturer's warranty
What LifeStraw removes/filters:
LifeStraw filters down to an incredible, 0.02 microns in size! This
removes virtually all the bacteria (99.99999%) and protozoa (99.99%) as well as viruses (99.99%) from
contaminated water, and reduces turbidity (muddiness) by filtering out
Bacteria removed includes:
- Escherichia coli
- Vibrio cholerae
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
Protozoa removed includes:
- Giardia lamblia ("Beaver Fever")
- Cryptosporidium Parvum
- Entamoeba histolytica
- Weight: 1lb
- Construction: Durable BPA-Free plastic. Does not require replacement parts, batteries, or any chemicals.
- Capacity: Filters over 4,700 gallons of water
- Rate: Instant Access / 2.5 gallons per hour
- Shelf Life: 5 Years when stored at room temperature
How to use:
Untreated water is poured into the feed water bucket. The pre-filter removes coarse particles, while gravity pushes the water down the plastic hose to the purification cartridge. To produce clean water on demand, simply turn the blue tap outlet to the open position.
LifeStraw Family Edition for Travel:
Because the LifeStraw Family is so small and lightweight, it’s great for
travel overseas in countries with unreliable drinking water. If you’ve
ever been sick while traveling, you know the importance of drinking
filtered water! Make sure to drink all water through the LifeStraw.
LifeStraw Family Edition for Hiking:
Access to clean water is critical while hiking. LifeStraw
accomplishes the same thing as other filters, but does it at just a
tenth of the weight. If you’re ultra-light hiking, this is a must.
LifeStraw Family Edition for Preparedness:
In light of recent natural disasters, many people are realizing they
cannot depend on their city water during an emergency. A water filter
that’s lightweight, easy-to-use, and portable is important to have in
your emergency preparedness kit. Buy a LifeStraw Family Edition for your
household - it's a low-cost investment in security.
Awards and recognition:
LifeStraw has received significant accolades since 2005. Time
Magazine named LifeStraw the “Best Invention of 2005.” In 2008, it won
the Saatchi and Saatchi Award for “World Changing Ideas”. Esquire
called it the “Innovation of the Year.” And Forbes noted that LifeStraw
is “one of the ten things that will change the way we live.” Now that
LifeStraw Family Edition has launched in the USA and Canada, we expect continued